The Value of Robust Data Intelligence to Enable Data Governance
For an organization to be successful in this new digital economy, it must be data-driven and have a good data culture, meaning it requires technology and people that can manage and understand data from capture to consumption.
But without intelligence, data is just data. The future of intelligence is informed by data intelligence, where data-native workers and machines can synthesize information, improve their capacity to learn, and automate insights at scale.
In this research, IDC spoke with organizations that have deployed the erwin Data Intelligence Suite by Quest for data governance to support their growing data environments and open possibilities for harnessing the power of data intelligence to fuel their businesses.
While these study participants were at different points in their adoption cycles of the erwin Data Intelligence Suite at the time of their interviews, they spoke to common benefits and anticipated gains related to use of erwin that included:
- Higher data quality, integrity, and availability due to automated data mapping and validation capabilities
- Improved data governance and stewardship as the result of cross-organization data visibility, robust metadata capabilities, and the ability to enforce data-related rules and policies
- Broader employee access to data and insights through self-service functionality
- More robust analytical activities as the result of improved awareness, understanding, and access to data
- Business gains and employee productivity improvements by finding new ways to generate value through data