As organisations continue to pursue digital transformation initiatives, they are also facing an ever-expanding threat landscape. Cyberattacks are becoming more sophisticated and frequent, and they can have a devastating impact on businesses. To protect themselves from cyberattacks, organisations need to have a strong cybersecurity posture. This includes having the right people, processes, and technologies in place.
One of the most important things that organisations can do to improve their digital defence is to get certified cybersecurity professionals on board. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the gold standard for cybersecurity certifications. CISSP certified professionals have the knowledge and skills necessary to design, implement, and manage an organisation’s information security program.
By getting CISSP certified, organisations can ensure that they have the best possible talent to protect their information assets.
What is CISSP and What Importance Does It Hold?
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a globally recognized certification for information security professionals. It is the most widely held security certification in the world for cybersecurity professionals.
The CISSP certification is awarded by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2), a non-profit organisation that develops and administers cybersecurity certifications. The certification exam covers eight domains of knowledge:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Cloud Security
To become a CISSP certified professional, candidates must have at least five years of experience in information security, and they must pass a rigorous exam. The CISSP exam is a 6-hour, 250-question exam that is administered by Pearson VUE.
The CISSP certification is a valuable asset for information security professionals. It demonstrates that the holder has the knowledge and skills necessary to design, implement, and manage an organisation’s information security program. The CISSP certification can also help information security professionals advance their careers and earn higher salaries.
Here are some of the benefits of getting a CISSP certification:
- Increased job opportunities and earning potential
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to employers
- Continued learning and professional development
- Networking opportunities with other cybersecurity professionals
- Recognition as a trusted security professional
If you are interested in a career in information security, the CISSP certification is a great way to get started. The certification demonstrates your knowledge and skills, and it can help you advance your career and earn a higher salary. To learn more about the CISSP certification, you can visit the ISC2 website.
What makes CISSP professionals the most sought after by all businesses?
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is ranked number one on the “The Next Big Thing” certification in 2023 by Global Knowledge. This is due to a number of factors, including:
- The increasing demand for cybersecurity training: The global demand for cybersecurity experts is expected to grow by 31% by 2023. This is due to the increasing number of cyberattacks and the need for organisations to protect their data and systems.
- The broad scope of the CISSP certification: The CISSP certification covers a wide range of topics in cybersecurity, including security and risk management, asset security, security architecture and engineering, communication and network security, identity and access management (IAM), security assessment and testing, security operations, software development security, and cloud security. This makes it a valuable certification for professionals in a variety of roles, such as security analysts, security engineers, security architects, and security managers.
- The high level of recognition of the CISSP certification: The CISSP certification is recognized by employers and industry leaders as a mark of excellence in cybersecurity. This can help professionals to advance their careers and earn higher salaries.
- The rigorous requirements for the CISSP certification: The CISSP certification requires candidates to have five years of experience in information security and to pass a challenging exam. This ensures that CISSP certified professionals have the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the field of cybersecurity.
Overall, the CISSP certification is a valuable asset for professionals in the field of cybersecurity. It is recognized by employers and industry leaders, covers a wide range of topics, and requires candidates to have the necessary experience and knowledge. This makes it a valuable certification for professionals who are looking to advance their careers in cybersecurity.
Here are some other reasons why CISSP is ranked number one on the “The Next Big Thing” certification in 2023:
- The CISSP certification is vendor-neutral: This means that it is not tied to any particular vendor’s products or solutions. This makes it a valuable certification for professionals who want to be able to work with a variety of technologies.
- The CISSP certification is continuously updated: The CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) is updated on a regular basis to reflect the latest trends in cybersecurity. This ensures that CISSP certified professionals have the knowledge and skills necessary to stay ahead of the curve.
- The CISSP certification is a lifetime certification: Once you pass the CISSP exam, you are certified for life. This means that you do not have to retake the exam every few years to maintain your certification.
If you are interested in a career in cybersecurity, the CISSP certification is a great place to start. It is a valuable certification that can help you advance your career and earn a higher salary.
How much can you earn after getting CISSP certified?
The salary range for CISSP certified professionals varies depending on experience, location, and job title. According to PayScale, the average salary for a CISSP certified professional in the United States is $116,573. The lowest salaries start at around $80,000, while the highest salaries can exceed $200,000.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the salary range for CISSP certified professionals in the United States:
- Entry-level: $80,000 – $100,000
- Mid-level: $100,000 – $150,000
- Senior-level: $150,000 – $200,000
- Executive-level: $200,000+
The salary range for CISSP certified professionals is also affected by location. In general, CISSP certified professionals in major cities such as San Francisco, New York, and Washington, D.C., earn higher salaries than those in smaller cities. The job title also affects the salary range for CISSP certified professionals. For example, CISSP certified security engineers typically earn higher salaries than CISSP certified security analysts.If you are interested in becoming a CISSP certified professional, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting a high-paying job. First, make sure you have the necessary experience and education. Second, get certified as soon as possible. Third, network with other CISSP certified professionals. Finally, download The Ultimate Guide To The CISSP by ISC2.